You also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many. 2 Corinthians 1:11
Click on a trip for prayer information.
Stapleton to Tanzania - June 3-14
This group will be working on evangelism in unreached villages with goal of planting new churches. Additional discipleship training for those who trust in the Lord. Also includes a medical clinic while in country.
Please pray for
– Clear thoughts and speech as I share the gospel and teach the discipleship materials. Open hearts and growth for nationals we come in contact with.
Grand Island to Lincoln - June 6-9
This group of middle school students and sponsors will be participating in the Urban Plunge Refugee Experience. They will learn about the cultures of people coming to live in Nebraska and do outreach and service for refugee organizations.
Please pray for
– Students to be open to the experience and for the people we are to meet and serve.
Grand Island to Las Vegas, NV - June 8-15
College students from Peace Lutheran Church will study a different social injustice issue each day (hunger, homelessness, substance abuse, human trafficking, domestic violence, etc.), and serve alongside an organization in the community that works towards fighting against these issues and bringing awareness to the community. As we join others in their mission to serve the community, we hope to learn from them and serve beside them. The goal of this trip is to provide opportunities for our students to learn about the various hardships/sufferings of those around us, and to show that they can do something to make a difference, too – not just in Vegas, but back in their hometown, too.
– Safe travel, and for the hearts and minds of our students to be opened by the Holy Spirit to learn, be challenged, and grow
Gibbon to Kodiak, AK - June 8-16
A multi-generational group from Gibbon Baptist Church will serve at Kodiak Baptist Mission in various work projects to Kodiak and Woody Island to continue to enable effective presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the unreached children, families, and the working poor.
– For safe travel and for clear flying conditions for the plane to arrive and leave Kodiak.
– That the weather be conducive to the work projects.
– That the group experiences all the beauty and reality of God’s creation in this sometimes rough environment.
– That the group is able to minister and encourage the long term staff of KBM.
Kearney to Fort Yukon, Alaska - June 8-17
Adults from New Life church in Kearney and North Platte will be finishing the construction of a local church in Fort Yukon, so the gospel can shine bright in Fort Yukon, AK.
– Health and effectiveness for the team
– Spiritual conversations that lead to life change
– To Encourage the body of Christ in Fort Yukon, AK
– To accomplish the will of God
Kearney to Petersburg, Alaska - June 13-24
Young Adults from the Kearney and North Platte Campus of New Life Church will conduct Sports Camp for elementary age children, 3 on 3 basketball outreach and many other evangelistic outreach to teens and adults.
– Team unity
– Open doors and favor of the Lord
– For Jesus to invade the community
– For the salvation of children, teens and adults
Torrington, WY to Zambia - June 14-28
Six individuals from College Heights Church will visit an orphanage.
– Protection from Black Mambas and Cobras
Hastings to Chicago - June 23-29
A group from Hastings First United Methodist Church will be doing an Urban Plunge with Christ For The City International – feeding the homeless, visiting the homeless and elderly, helping in summer programs for children, neighborhood clean-up, and anything we are asked to do.
– Prayer for safety while traveling and while at the work sites.
– Prayers that the youth and sponsors will all feel God speaking to them through those we meet.
Fairbury to Bolivia - July 1-9
A group of 10 people from Fairbury Baptist Church will help build a church in Bolivia.
– Prayers for the preparation of our hearts and the hearts of those we meet. Travel to go smoothly and for the health of our team members. That God will be glorified and we will share the message of Jesus to those that need it.
Boelus to Baja, Mexico - July 7-11
This group of 100 volunteers will partner with the Baja Christian Ministry team and build two homes for the less fortunate and go out during evening to do street evangelism.
– Prayers for safe travels to and from mission field. Prayer that God would use us to reach others and spread his word. Prayer for my daughter as she grows in her faith journey with Christ. Prayer for my husband that he will open his heart and let Christ use him to impact others.
North Platte to Hong Kong - July 11-21
Four Christian women, ages 19-33, have come together from different churches on opposite ends of the state to form a team that will present a Vacation Bible School in Hong Kong. Our ladies come from different walks of life, a teacher, human resource professional, a nurse, and a student. We will all use our different gifts to serve in unique and meaningful ways. We will be sharing God’s word with 150-200 kids
– Prayers for God to open the hearts of the children so they can grow to know him.
Kearney to Cuba - September 11-19
Adults from New Life church will do construction work on home churches, prayer with local believers and evangelism
– Safety of the team
– Good health
– Bold presentation of the gospel
– For Jesus to be seen through each team member
– For our team to be a massive encouragement to the Cuban people
Kearney to El Salvador - September 23-26
Women from New Life Church in Kearney and North Platte will work with CONVOY OF HOPE to minister to other woman in country.
– For women to minister and encourage women
– For Jesus to move through our woman to be a light
– For our woman to hear the voice of Jesus speaking to them while on mission
Gering to Brazil - September 27-November 11
A group of 14 people from Calvary Memorial Church will go to Brazil for several different work projects. They will be teaching some English, working with kids in a nearby town, and sharing how they came to know Christ.
– Unity with the group
– Open doors while they are there
– Details to come together