Grab & Go Bible Reading with the YouVersion Bible App and a Friend!
Download the App for YOUR Phone, Tablet or Mobile Device at http://bible.com/app
- Open the downloaded App on your device.
- Click the top left menu button.
- Then the “Sign up” button.
- Choose “Sign up with Facebook” or “Sign up with Email” (Instructions for Email to follow).
- Fill in desired login info.
- YouVersion will send you an email to confirm your email address. Go to your email program and click on the link in the email to continue.
- The screen after you click will have a link – this “Sign In” link will take you to the web version of Bible.com. Close your mobile web browser and reopen the Bible App.
- Back in the App, you will be able to choose a profile pic by clicking the camera icon, or skip this step.
- After picking a picture, click the “Find Friends” button.
- Click the “Contacts” button and allow the App to search your contacts to find possible friends.
- OR – if you know who you want to connect with, search for their name or profile name.
- Click the “Add Friend” and they will receive a friend request.
- Your friend will need to “Accept” your request in their app, and then you can both see each other’s activity.
- Once accepted, you can see their activity by clicking their name on your friend list or on your Home Page Feed.
- You can “Like,” “Comment” or read what they wrote or were reading, right from the feed.
Start a Reading Plan
- Select the top Left 3 bar icon to get back to the main menu
- Select the “Plans” icon
- “Browse Plans”
- Select from a variety of topical, devotional, whole and partial Bible plans
- Once you select a plan (you can have more than one), you will be asked if you want your friends to see your activity, Select “Yes” if you want them to be able to comment and see what you are reading (you may edit this setting later)
Mark a Verse with a Note or Highlight
- Select a verse (or multiple verses) by touching the words of the verse – it will appear underlined when selected.
- When the verse(s) you want are all underlined, click the blue share icon on the bottom right.
- You can just highlight a verse by selecting a color.
- Make a note on the verse by selecting “Note” and filling in Title and Note Body on the next screen, then hit “Save.”
- Your note or highlight is now available for your friends!